Do you want to manage the academic development of a new, forward-thinking and innovative research centre within the marine sector?
The Måløy Marine Resource Centre has two vacancies for research managers.
We are looking for innovative, determined and enterprising research managers who will:
- Manage the academic structure of the MMR Ocean Blue research institute from the ground up, which includes the service areas research project, R&D infrastructure and student project
- Be part of MMR Ocean Blue’s management team
- Have overall responsibility for ensuring that R&D infrastructure is relevant to industry and research
- Have responsibility for customers for selected companies
- Build up a research team within industry-relevant areas and be their immediate supervisor
- Initiate national and international projects, in collaboration with both companies and other research institutions, and go through the necessary application processes
- Have responsibility for the research sector/research project’s budget
- Motivate and provide guidance to co-workers
- PhD in the marine sector
- Relevant management experience, both academic and administrative
- Experience with industry-relevant and applied research in the marine sector
- Knowledge and understanding of innovation processes in trade and industry
- Ability to communicate well orally and in writing (Norwegian and English). International applicants are expected to have acquired sufficient oral and written skills in Norwegian within 6 months.
- Ability to complete the task at hand
- Forward thinking and innovative
- Strong academic motivation
- Good collaboration skills
- An exciting and innovative environment within the marine sector
- The opportunity to make your mark and develop a new research institute
- An academically and personally challenging and stimulating position
- Close cooperation with several companies and institutions
Salary by agreement
Do you have any questions about the position? If so, please contact the General Manager, Roger Bergset,
firstname.lastname@example.org tel: +47 952 29 160
Apply for the position
Applications shall be sent by email to email@example.com
Deadline:12 April 2019
Applicants who are invited to interview must be able to submit certified copies of certificates and recommendations. Copies of publications are to be brought to the interview.